Sunday, September 21, 2008

Not what we needed right now

Our fridge died. Dead. Warm everything--good thing its garbage day. Sunzabitches. Its never a good time to have an appliance crap out and you have to replace it, but still. Crapola. The thing is, its not so simple. We have an under the counter refrigerator--it looks like 2 drawers. Our freezer is separate--again under the counter, 2 drawer style. I think its supposed to be fancy, but truly its a pain. We have a backup fridge in the basement b/c you cannot put too many things in a couple of drawers. So we would keep milk and fruit upstairs in the drawer fridge and all the other stuff downstairs which means I do not need to join a gym b/c I am up and down the darn stairs 100 times a day. We need to get a new fridge for upstairs ASAP, but there is no space for a full sized upright fridge in our somewhat fancy, yet totally annoying kitchen!! When we bought the house I had a moment of total panic and buyers remorse thinking we just bought a way expensive house with a kitchen with no fridge (except those stupid drawers). Anyway, we will eventually remodel to fit a normal fridge, but not anytime soon, so now we have to spend a boatload of money on a new drawer fridge that I despise in the first place. For now though its going to be many trips back and forth to the basement--I hope I don't pull anything during my workouts. Grrr.

3 comments:

London said...

Oh no!

Donna said...

How about getting one of those college dorm fridges for upstairs to fit the milk and stuff. That way your don't spend money you don't want to spend. Sounds like a pain in the butt! Our deep freezer died this summer and I had a moment of total panic when I realized all my expressed milk was in there and we just came back from Sam's club and filled it up! All was well though and we got a pretty good deal on the new one.

Mountain Mom said...

Oh, wow, that totally sucks! I've seen those under-the-counter fridge/freezers and thought they were kinda cool. After reading your post, I will not be pushing for those once our gently used refridgerator craps out on us. Hope you get a new fridge soon!