Thursday, September 18, 2008

I am so disappointed

I had PPD after Lana--well technically it was PPA (post-partum anxiety) and it totally sucked and I got treated--a little late, but better late than never. I really went off the deep end after Lana quit breastfeeding so I didn't start meds until Lana was already one year old. Anyway, treatment helped tremendously and it was time to stop the meds so that we can work on baby #2. I weaned off the meds very slowly and avoided the discontinuation syndrome that many describe, but unfortunately I can feel anxiety creeping back into my life. Dammit. So I guess I feel disappointed and crabby b/c I was hoping that I would be back to my normal tightly wound self, rather than my normal nutty self. I just hope the insomnia doesn't last because that seriously makes me crazy. I suppose this is just how I am put together and I should accept it, but I kind of liked the chill Julie while she lasted. No worries, if it gets too bad again, back to the doc I go. I am just a little bummed I guess.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That sucks Julie! Can acupuncture help with anxiety? Oh the sacrifices we make. Hang in there!