Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday my sweet Lana Ru!

Today is your birthday and you are two! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. It seems like we just brought you home--but that was 2 homes ago,2 cities ago, so I guess it has been a little while. I know you are excited to sing "Happy Birthday to me" and I am looking forward to seeing you play with your friends and blow out your candles.

You are the best thing that has ever happened to Baba and I. Everyday we feel so lucky to have you. We love you more than words can describe. There are a hundred little moments every day that make me laugh--you do and say so many funny and smart things! I have never seen your Baba smile bigger than when he smiles at you.

You love to run and jump and gallop--in circles, fast, all while laughing with that big beautiful smile! You love to go "in", which means to hide under a blanket and gather your stuffed animals and ask Mama or Baba to "come in" or "go away". You love to be outside in the garden with Baba--digging in the dirt or getting yourself soaked with the hose. You love to play with your blocks and to color with Mama. You love to help Mama "clean up" around the house--sometimes you make a mess on purpose just so I will get the broom and you can help clean up.

You love fruit--any kind of fruit, but especially berries and cherries. Some days I think you only eat fruit and drink milk. But overall you are a good eater, especially if noodles are involved. You hate potatoes, cheese, pizza, ketchup and spinach.

While you are very active, you have recently decided that hugs and kisses are nice too. But only on your terms. This melts Mama and Baba's heart more than you know.

Lately you talk and talk and talk. In the car, you tell me which way to go--"this way Mama!" and you point out all the buses, where we have eaten and all the important places we go--the bank, museum, library, etc. You tell me to "sit down right here Mommy" or "all done Mommy".

This past year you have grown so much, from a unsteadily walking baby to a "big girl", as we say to you. I love watching you discover new things. I love the look on your face when you see a bird, a doggie or Elmo. I love the unbridled belly laughs you give to me when I tickle you or swing you in the air. That beautiful round face of yours with the big smile is something I will remember till I am old and gray.

Oh sweet Lana Ru, how we love you! We hope you have a great birthday. We hope this year is filled with all of the joy of these past 2 years and more. Baba and I can't wait to watch you grow into an even bigger "big girl" and we can't wait to see what this next year holds for us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Lana! I so meant to leave a note on your actual day, but know that I was thinking of you! We miss you, but we're so glad that your mom is blogging now because it's lots easier to keep up. Can't wait to hear about your party!
Love--Beth, Ed, William, and Seth!

Mountain Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Lana! Hope you had a great party and we look forward to reading all about how you grow and change over the next year. Smooches!

LauraC said...

Happy birthday Lana! Beautiful words from a fantastic momma!