Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy birthday mother's day

Bill: Lana, can you say Happy Mother's Day to Mommy?
Lana: Appy Birtday Mudder's Day!!

Too cute!! I guess she is really looking forward to her birthday. We had a nice relaxing morning--Bill and Lana made me breakfast. Then we dropped Lana off at my inlaws while we went car shopping--we are thinking minivan (gasp! so uncool, i know!). Its between the Honda Odessey or the Toyota Sienna. I am kind of apathetic on the nitty gritty of car shopping--I guess its Bill's department. Plus, cars for me are just a way to get around. I am looking forward to having the DVD player for Lana to watch while I drive. She is so miserable in the car that driving any longer than 20 min is miserable for me too. I also want the butt warmers--the heated seats, but we'll see... I guess those are my only requirements. Even the color I don't care about. The trick is going to be keeping it clean b/c Lana snacks in the car. Admittedly, its my only way to keep her quiet--give the kid some goldfish or those freeze dried fruit snacks and enjoy the few moments of silence. My blogging friend Beth asked a long time ago what is the price you would pay for peace? My answer: fruit. In any format. Fresh, frozen, dried--any variety. I am going broke buying those damn Gerber freeze dried apples and the banana and strawberry mix. Walmart makes their own brand too, but at $2.19 a bag, which doesn't last long, I spend a lot of change on these snacks. But, the few moments of quiet in the car are totally worth it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay for minivans! We have the Sienna and love it. My only advice is to go for the top model of whatever you get and get the automatic doors on both sides, plus the rear hatch. It's HUGELY convenient! We only have automatic on one side and it's annoying to not have it all the way around. Take a picture of what you end up with!

Unknown said...

Yes! The freeze dried apples, etc. We go through those like crazy, and dang it's expensive! Glad to know about the Walmart brand - thanks for the tip! Good luck with the car shopping :)