Thursday, May 1, 2008

I love it here

When you say you live in the Seattle area, everyone says--OMG, it rains all the time there--do people get seasonal-affective disorder? Okay people, its not that bad. Yes, it rains here. Yes, winter is gray--but not any grayer that living just east of Lake Erie in my fantabulous hometown of Buffalo, NY. Does it give you depression--Hell NO! I love it here! After experiencing our first winter, all I have to say is that it was painless. It rained, but not everyday. We even had snow--but only like an inch and it melted the next day. The great thing is that it doesn't get that cold, so even around Christmas time on dry days Lana and I went to the park. Certainly it is a mild winter compared to Buffalo or Chicago--now I loved living in Chicago, but it is freakin COLD there! Like I-can't-breathe-because-my-lungs-are-frozen cold. Anyhoo, enough about winter--spring is here!! We have a very mature garden that the previous owners of the house put a lot of love and money into and it has been so fun seeing what pops up this spring. We have hyacinths and daffodils, but I love my tulips:

I also love that the days are so long here. The sun sets around 8:30pm and this is the view from our master bedroom--looking out into the Puget Sound. Yeah, the people across the street have a much better view, but still our whole upstairs has an orange glow at sunset. This is reason enough for me love it here.


And here is Lana sniffing the flowers in the front yard with her beloved "watery crayon" as she calls the watering can.
Since she is always so busy and you can never see her face--here is one up close--she looks a bit confused.

1 comment:

Mountain Mom said...

J - There's a part of me that is so completely jealous of your temperate climate and all of the green grass and flowers surrounding you. So pretty. ::sigh:: Lana is so sweet helping you water the plants with her crayon. :)