Monday, June 2, 2008

Lana's Birthday Party

We had Lana's party yesterday (Sunday) at the Little Gym and it was fun! The Little Gym makes it so easy on you--they will set up everything--even the food--for you. When its done, they clean up and load up your car! WOW! The first hour we spent in the gym and Bill took lots of video. If I was smart, I would be able to post some of it here, but I guess I need to figure that out still. I was freaked out at the beginning of the party b/c Lana CLUNG to me and wouldn't let go. This is so out of character. I don't remember her ever clinging to me--this is a kid who doesn't like to hug. For the first 10 min of the party, I carried her and she buried her face in my shoulder and wrapped her legs around me like an octopus. I was thinking this was a disaster! But then she warmed up and totally got into it. They did the air track--the big jumpy thing and the parachute, which is her ultimate favorite! All the kids--there were 9 including her--seemed to be having a good time. It was nice for kids this age to be able to run around and play b/c I have no idea where I would put all these kids at our house--they would be so bored!

After the running, jumping and singing, we went to the party room for cake and snacks. I made deviled eggs, a fruit salad and some dips and crackers from Trader Joes. I also had fizzy drinks and coffee for grownups and juice boxes for the kiddos. Lana was SO into her apple juice! She could have cared less about the cupcakes!
Here are her friends enjoying some frosting...
Still enjoying the juice box--what about the cake mommy made? Totally untouched!

She got this awesome tutu --purple and fluffy! SO cute! You can see by her shirt that this was after the juice!Here are my cupcakes. I was so proud of myself for making them especially b/c I don't bake. I found pics of these online and went with it!


And yes, she is still talking about the apple juice!

3 comments:

-Bridget said...

Those places are awesome for a birthday party! Good for you for thinking of it and making it so fun and easy. Those cupcakes turned out great!

Beth said...

The cupcakes are awesome! William came in while I was reading and saw the cupcakes and said, "Elmo!" He calls every Sesame Street muppet Elmo. Anyway, so glad that Lana had a great time. William loves the juice boxes, too, but only because he likes to squirt them everywhere! A

Steph said...

So cute- love the pictures, Lana looks like she had such a great time. And, I love the cupcakes!