Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quirky kid

Lana does some weird, but funny things. She likes to wear socks like gloves--opera-length gloves and never matching. Along with her sock gloves, she puts on a pink knit hat. Sometimes, this will be all she is wearing--yes, nude with the sock gloves and hat. Strange. Another favorite activity of late is getting under a blanket like a tent and staying there for like a half an hour, asking for things like her stuffed animals, her blankie (buh-duh) and telling mommy "Nope! Nope!" if I try to join her in her tent. Bizarre. She has also been either making up funny stories, or telling me about strange dreams. I am a very avid dreamer and most of my dreams are totally kookie, so maybe she is like me--or she has a vivid imagination. The other night she told me there was a doggie in the shower, he used Lana's soap, it got in his eyes and it was an owwee. This morning she told me there was a broken car that needed a diaper and then we washed our hands. Hmmm...interesting.

Ooh, I thought of another one: In the tub, she gets on her stomach to blow bubbles in the water (with her mouth, just to clarify) and she wants me to take the plastic watering can and "water" her back. Then when I drain the tub, she lays on her tummy and blows bubbles until there is literally 1 millimeter of water left in the tub! I tell her its time to come out and she pretends she doesn't speak English and she gets mad when I lift her out. She could stay all night in the tub--until she was a prune (or a prume, according to Bill)...

No comments: