Sunday, April 6, 2008

Our great weekend

Wow! What a great weekend we had! It was a great balance of getting things done and spending lots of time together as a family. I feel so recharged and ready to start the week. Saturday we had dim sum with my inlaws and we all went to my favorite high-brow grocery store. Its Whole-Foods like, but probably more expensive (yikes!). I wish I could shop there all the time, but if I did, I would probably need to go back to work. Lana pushed the mini-cart through the store with my inlaws watching her every move. I wish I had a camera b/c she was hilarious--she ran pushing the cart with a huge smile, taking things off the shelf and putting it in the cart. People were staring at her--not sure if it was b/c she was being cute or obnoxious. Anyway, once she discovered the free samples of watermelon, she was done pushing the cart. She probably ate 8 pieces. She is crazy with the fruit. Then we came home, Bill napped with Lana and I went for a haircut! Woo hoo--precious alone time getting pampered no less. Sunday my inlaws wanted to take Lana to the Japanese Garden so Bill and I had the whole day to ourselves--double Woo Hoo! My wonderful husband said, "I'll vacuum" and I seriously wanted to jump his bones right there. We spent just one hour cleaning (not sure what got into him) and the whole house was spotless. Nothing like a clean house to make me happy. Lana and my inlaws came home in the afternoon and Bill made paella for dinner. Cooking and cleaning in the same day????? whoa. Bill is a wonderful cook btw.

Now if I could only get Lana's sleeping issues under control, we would be all set. That will be a topic for another day...

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ed vacuums the whole house almost every weekend. How awesome is that? Of course, I still have to do the bathrooms, but he doesn't notice the muck in there quite as much, so I get away with doing it less often. I have to agree, though. Nothing sexier than a husband vacuuming AND cooking dinner on the same day. Woo-hoo!