Friday, April 18, 2008

Oh, the irony!

I have been bugging Bill to stop cursing. Or at least cut back. He uses the F word like 5 times in every sentence that requires emphasis. I keep telling him that Lana is going to say it soon. Last night as we are finishing dinner I drop Lana's bib (its the one with the trough to catch all the fallout) and frozen strawberries hit the carpet and I say "oh shit". Lana repeats "oh shit, oh shit". Fantastic. I knew it was going to happen one of these days, but I figured it would be in response to Bill's foul mouth, not mine. Now I don't claim to never curse, b/c all who know me, know that is not the case. But I'd like to think I have toned it down over the years, at least a little bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh Julie - you have a potty mouth!! Shame, shame..lol!!!

Unknown said...

LOL, Julie! I will also admit to having a mouth like a sailor. That's a tough one to break. I started saying "ah, nuts!" instead of "oh shit" after my kids started repeating me. Now the kids ALWAYS repeat me. Never fails. :)