Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Bill

Today is Bill's birthday and although I highly doubt he reads my blog, since he pretty much knows what is going on in our household and all, I want to write about how lucky I am to have him as my husband. Also, he is 35--so its a milestone birthday of sorts. To celebrate, I am making a nice dinner tonight--I dropped a lot of money at my favorite high brow grocery store on some black cod, chinese veggies and chocolate cake. We are also having a weekend in Seattle in a couple of weeks. My inlaws will take Lana overnight and Bill and I will be going to the Seattle Symphony for Vivaldi's Four Seasons and we will stay in a hotel downtown and eat at non-kid-friendly places!!! Okay, I know NOTHING about classical music--nada, zip, zilch. But Bill really digs it, so I was a bit out of my element when I bought the tickets (as an intended surprise--but all who know me IRL know that I cannot keep surprises). I think I made it 48h before Bill coaxed it out of me that I was taking him to the symphony. I tell him, "We are going to see or hear rather Vivaldi's Four Seasons" He says, "REALLY? Awesome! Who's playing?" I am like, "The Seattle Symphony?" He says, "No, I mean who is the violinist?" I say, "I dunno, look at the website!" Duh! I am so uncultured!

Anyway, Bill's birthday is significant too b/c we got engaged on his birthday--he totally surprised me, since I was taking HIM out and he turned it around on me. See, he is very good at surprises. He is also pretty darn smart, yet humble. I love that. He is great at getting things done--very persuasive and yet he knows how to relax. He is also great at taking care of his girls. His role as father has been the most impressive to me, but it doesn't surprise me in the least. Most of the time I feel like I don't deserve him. Lucky me. I know it and I try to let him know too.

Lana is going to help Bill blow out the candles--she has been talking about it all day. She woke up this morning and said to Bill, "apple bitday" He totally melted! It was pretty darn cute.



2 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

Happy B-Day to Bill! I have to laugh at your feelings of being uncultured...I can totally relate. That just makes me think I need to get more culture into my kids despite living where there isn't any at all.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Bill! Have a wonderful weekend away...I'm jealous!! I'm the more "cultured" at our house and I've given up on DH!! LOL! I have hopes for Robert - I'll be the old lady attending the opera with my son.