Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pity Party

I hate being sick. I am almost always sick with something. Bill says I am sick more than I am well. Its nothing serious, its not like I have a terminal disease or even a chronic disease that makes you miserable, so I know it could be worse--WAY worse. But I pretty much have either a headache or a stomachache more often than not. Today I have both--not sure if I have a stomach bug, or I ate something funny or what, but the headache was a lovely bonus. Fun. Hence my pity party. For my headaches I take Excedrin--its the only thing that works and it makes me so queasy. So I trade a headache for nausea. Have I mentioned how much I hate being nauseous? I am totally paranoid and phobic of barfing--its not something I do often, so the nausea makes me nuts. I was nauseated 8 out of the 9 months I was pregnant (month 6 was glorious!) and after my pregnancy I received a diagnosis of IBS. I will spare you the gory details, but lets just say my tummy never is quite right. So between my head and my stomach, I always feel icky, which puts me in a bad mood. I just had some bloodwork done and my doc thinks I have a food allergy which is messing up my tummy, so I need more tests. Watch me be allergic to something important--like chocolate or coffee or something like wheat or butter, which is in everything. Ugh! Okay, I think I am done complaining.

5 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

Oh, man. I sure as shit hope you're not allergic to wheat or eggs or peanuts or anything else my poor little son is allergic to. Maybe it's just because you're married to a Dr that you feel a need to be "taken care of" by your Knight In Shining Armor. :) To quote my favorite princess: "Oh, dear Knight, please take of this favor (our kid) so that I might have a pedicure and feel better..." ok, so maybe Princess Fiona didn't really say that, but I think that might have been in the outtakes. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL G!
Julie - Hope you start feeling better soon and that you aren't allergic to anything. Take care of yourself!!!

Beth said...

I was thinking food allergies, too. Or at the very least, an intolerance to something. Feeling crappy all the time sucks, so I hope you find that there's something you can actually do about it. Have you tried probiotics? I don't know much about them, but you never know. Hang in there!

Julie said...

Mountain mom: LOL. I totally need a pedicure!! I cannot imagine what you go through with T! Its the things that are so pervasive like eggs or wheat that totally suck. they are hidden in everything!

Jill: thanks, me too!

Beth: I know I am lactose intolerant, but I have already cut dairy out of my life (i miss ice cream and pizza). My doc recommended probiotics but you have to store them in the fridge and I never remember to take them b/c I don't see them.

Anonymous said...

Julie - You can get individual packets of a probiotic called Florastor. This is the one that helps Robert the most.