Saturday, April 5, 2008

I can't believe I have a blog

I am not tech savvy. Not at all. My cell phone doesn't even take photos. I don't IM, I don't text message. I have never been to MySpace. I haven't purchased a CD since 2002 and I have never downloaded a song. Can you believe I have a blog? Now the trick will be to actually remember to write a post now and then.

Why do I have a blog? Well my mommy friend Beth has a great blog, she is a terrific writer and even though we don't talk often, I love feeling connected to her through her blog and reading about her son's adventures. I am hoping that my faraway friends and family will enjoy reading about our adventures too and seeing pics of Lana, since I am so horrible about remembering to send photos. Plus it will be a nice place for me to journal my experiences as I fly by the seat of my pants through parenthood. Oh and Roundface is a nickname Bill affectionately uses with Lana since she had the chubbiest cheeks as a baby.

Now I need to figure out how to set up the rest of this blog thingy.

4 comments:

Rumi said...

I can't believe that you have a blog! I remember trying to text msg you once and you couldn't figure out how to receive it :) Your blog is really great & I can't wait to see more. I will be a frequent visitor (of course). xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yay Julie! I just entered the "blogging" world too and I love it! I look forward to keeping up with you and that adorable Lana!!

Mountain Mom said...

Julie's blogging! Yippee! I hope you don't mind, but I put you on my list on my blog that I just started last week, too. :) I can't wait to read more about your adventures.

Beth said...

Thanks for the shout-out! You're so sweet. And I'm very excited you're blogging now. And I'm not tech-savvy, either. But I have downloaded songs to my iPod. But I've never text messaged. And my cell phone doesn't have a camera. Shoot--my cell phone is never even on! LOL. Anyway, I'm looking forward to keeping up with your adventures in mommyhood now too!