Friday, July 31, 2009

Thoughts about my belly

My dear friends J & C always make me feel good about my pregnant belly. We see each other once a week for a playdate and they always say I look cute and have a huge rack (for me, that is--LOL). This is exactly what a pregnant woman wants to hear, whether its true or not. I can tell you that the rack thing is totally not true, but I will take the compliment anyway. They were surprised to hear that I have not taken one single belly photo during this entire pregnancy. Not one. Many women will document each week in photos, but I have just forgotten to even take one. Nothing against my belly. Its fine, a decent, but not too crazy huge size, no stretch marks, no outtie belly button. I really have no problem with my pregnant belly. It does surprise me every once in a while when I catch myself in a mirror--its strange to see the watermelon, especially from the profile. But I don't have an issue with my belly!

That said, I have received way more than my share of strange, stupid and rude comments from strangers. No less than four people have said that I look like I am due any day now and "are you sure you are not having twins??" When it happened the first time, I thought--that dude needs glasses, but he's a man and maybe he is just socially awkward. The fourth time it happened, a WOMAN said it to me! There was another pregnant woman standing nearby who chimed in to tell this rude person that she just said the one thing that no pregnant woman wants to hear. What is wrong with these people? Are you just calling me fat to my face? The thing is, I am not feeling fat at all. Cumbersome and klutzy, yes, but I don't have an issue with my belly!

Then I bought some T shirts for Bill at the Gap the other day and the checkout girl said to me, "I am giving you this coupon--we are about to get our new line of skinny jeans for the Fall--you should check it out!" Look at me chickadee--do I look like I will be wearing skinny jeans any time soon? I am just saying.

While I don't have an issue with my belly, I apparently do have issues with people making me irritated and annoyed. But just to prove it, here are some photos of me and my 7 months pregnant belly for all the world to see. I am even going to be brave and post one of me in my swimsuit! By the way, check out my huge rack--HAHA!


9 comments:

Maria said...

such a cute belly! I used to get that twins comment when I was preg with Allie. Annoying, yes. You look great!

LauraC said...

Anyone who says that tiny cute belly looks like it is carrying twins CLEARLY has never seen a twin belly live. There is nothing like it. It is a being unto itself.

Believe me, people literally stopped what they were doing and stared when I went out in public.

I love the belly pic!!

Megan said...

yeah! You are so cute with that little bump! What a perfect little bump! So great to 'see' you. It seems like you don't post pics of yourself very much so it is fun to see you! People think pregnancy is a personal invitation to just say whatever comes out of thier mouths. Ugh. Glad you have no belly issues!

Beth said...

You look fantastic, Julie! People are idiots. I wanna know how you keep the weight only in your belly. I gained weight everywhere when I was pregnant! Anyway, you'll be glad you captured these pictures. I actually have very few pictures of myself when I was pregnant with William, and no belly pictures. So I made sure to get some with Seth. It's such a strange transformation!

Donna said...

Embrace the belly! You look wonderful, so forget what people said and embrace your belly!

jessikahsd said...

You look fantastic momma! You DO NOT look like you are carrying twins - believe me, when my mom was carrying my twin sisters she was like 3 times your size! Like everyone keeps saying, it must just be because you are such a slender person anyway. You look great!

Joanna said...

You look so pretty! Pregnant woman with baby bumps are gorgeous!

As for anyone thinking you are carrying twins, they are clearly out of their minds. Your belly is pretty tiny for 7 months, so where the twin thing came from, I have no idea.

Unknown said...

You look amazing!! Your belly is so tiny compared to mine - and we're due at the same time :)

Unknown said...

Julie, you are adorable pregnant! At 7 months, I was starting to look like a whale, but you seem to have gained hardly any weight anywhere but in your little belly! LOVE that bathing suit BTW, it highlights your huge rack! ;)