Tuesday, July 7, 2009

She is still quite a mystery to me..

More randomness:

WHY???

  • does Lana still put everything in her mouth? Toys, fingers, etc. Sometimes she will lick her hands. This drives me crazy, as a germaphobe and all. I thought only babies did this.

  • does Lana still get hiccups so often? Sometimes 5 times a day.

  • won't she poop in the potty? Why, why why???? She is beyond ready--she has been dry all night and in panties for almost a year. Yet, she will not even try to sit on the potty for poop. I have bribed my brains out, but she will only go in a diaper. She is the only 3 year old girl I know who is not fully trained. I think she is either afraid, stubborn or just trying to mess with me. Maybe all three.

  • does Lana enjoy being nude all the time? I mean all the time! Never in public, but at home, she is a nudist. She walks in the door, off come the shoes, then the clothes, then the undies. Buck nekkid. Or commando, if I force her to wear clothes.

  • must she sleep with 50 stuffed animals in her bed? She hoards them and then can totally tell if one is missing.

I know all kids are quirky to some extent, but some things just make me wonder.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

This is why I love that Three Year Old: Friend or Enemy book. Kids this age put stuff in their mouths for security. The book said to prepare for chewing, sucking, and generally licking stuff at this age. Nate goes TO TOWN on his lovey. It smells like a dog toy after one day.

And Alex can barely fit on his bed with all the animals. The worst part is if one is missing, he doesn't cry at bedtime. He cries at 2am when he can't find it!!

Joanna said...

OMG! The mouthing things drives me crazy. I remember asking the pediatrician when that would stop, and he said three. LIAR! I'm not a germaphobe, but licking the outdoor table at the ice cream place the other day was just more than I could watch. Eww...

Michael is also happier nakies too. One of the guys that I work with 9 year old still preferred to be nekkid . 9 year old! Ah!

Donna said...

There is only one way to handle the poop issue - and that is no more diapers. If she poops on the floor or in her panties a time or two, she will learn. Get rid of the diapers, you are enabling her. Good luck (and do it before the second baby comes) - it will take a weekend tops and she will be perfect.

Megan said...

Love it! We too are 'lickers' Yuck!!! It drives me batty! I can be so easily annoyed by Seren's antics sometimes. I forget it is just Seren being Seren! The naked thing is a riot! I don't think you are a lone in that one. My sitters' child likes to be outside in her undies! At least you don't have that concern. It is always something!