Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dreams

I have always had very vivid and strange dreams. Looks like Lana inherited that one! The other morning she woke up and said, "Lana hair all gone!" She wasn't upset, just matter of fact. She kept saying it over and over. I said, "Baby, your hair isn't all gone, its right there, on your head--touch it". She touched it and seemed perplexed. Then a few mornings ago, she woke up and said, "Baba take away ALL of Lana socks!" She kept repeating it. This time, I knew what was up, so I said, "Did you have a dream that Baba took your socks?" "Yes!--ALL of Lana socks!" Too funny! Strange--just like me! I sometimes feel a little bad when I figure out she has inherited some of my oddities, b/c I can be pretty odd.

Speaking of dreams, I have been having some WEIRD ones lately. Like I had one recently where I was walking in a city that looked like Washington DC in these super high heels with pointy toes and I had to get back home so I could study for my math final exam in a class that I always skipped. And I was in so much pain from these darn shoes, but I thought it was too gross to go barefoot in the city. I have so many dreams about math class final exams. Its weird--I have been out of grad school since 2002 and that didn't even involve math. I haven't taken a math class since 1997! What is the deal??? Get over it Julie!! My other weird dream was last night and it was that I was in a science lab and I was doing PCR (sorry, this one is for my science readers, yes I am a dork), but I had no protocol and I was trying to remember it from when I was working, but I couldn't. I combined all the samples by mistake and had to start over and it was like 3pm and I was thinking--oh crap, I am never getting out of here b/c I am never going to remember how to do this darn experiment! Its strange that I still have work dreams when I haven't worked in 2 years. Maybe Bridget's post got me thinking about working and my former life. I don't often think about work and what I have given up b/c I feel like what I have gained by staying home far outweighs what I have lost by not working right now. Plus, I really love my life right now! But the other night we went to go purchase our new minivan and I was filling out the application and it felt weird in a bad way to write down that I had no employment and zero income. I suppose the truth hurts for an overachiever. I feel like all women struggle with these issues and no matter what our choices or circumstances are, it is so hard to feel 100% okay with it 100% of the time.

2 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

That's really funny about Lana's dreams. I keep trying to get my kids to tell me their dreams, but they just can't seem to get it across to me.

-Bridget said...

I'm pretty sure Reagan has vivid dreams too, but she's never talked about them. I'll have to ask her next time it seems like she woke up from a dream.

It's comforting to know that no matter what path you've chosen in life, as a mom we still sometimes wonder if it's the right one and wonder what life would be like doing something different.