Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

This year for Father's Day, we planned to go strawberry picking because picking fruit is one of Bill's favorite things ever. But after a record 30 days of no rain, it started raining on Friday and although it was just cloudy on Saturday and Sunday, it felt too soggy and chilly to be bending over in the mud, so we postponed it for a warmer summer day. We did have a nice dinner out on Saturday though. Sunday I made breakfast--a batch of chocolate chip pancakes and a batch of blueberry pancakes. Then I sent Bill and Lana to his parents house so that they could spend the day with his own dad. Meanwhile I took my mom apartment hunting. We also had a friend for dinner on Sunday. I think the best part of the weekend was that Bill and Lana spent a lot of one-on-one time together, which they don't do often enough. To top it all off, Lana was being her extra sweet self and Bill was just amazed at her behavior and politeness and sweetness, even without a nap. It was one of those special days, like I had a few weeks ago, except this time it was between Bill and Lana. I think this was the best gift of all.

I hope that Bill knows how special he is to our family, how I appreciate him as a husband and a father, how grateful I am every single day.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Julie-
We cooked identical breakfasts! I am glad you had a good day.

Donna said...

Julie - your love for your husband always comes through on your posts. You are a very lucky woman. Happy Father's Day Bill!