Sunday, May 3, 2009

Finally photos

I have finally had two seconds or so to load some photos...so here goes:

Here is Lana doing some watercolor with my dad--doesn't he look GREAT?

Lana enjoying herself at the Children's Museum of Richmond--she was proud of her building:
Lana and I enjoying some gelato--we ate way too much, she was bouncing off the walls after:
Lana really enjoyed reading "Where's Waldo?" books with my dad--here she is making her funny face--what a hambone!

As I mentioned briefly before, we had a wonderful opportunity to get together with Beth from Working it Out and it was super fun to catch up. Beth mentioned after that it is so hard to have a coherent chat with the distraction of two kids, but I always feel that way and I only have one kid! But I am totally used to not having coherent thoughts these days--I think not working has only increased my mushy brain syndrome--so to me, it was a perfectly fine chat! Its kind of odd getting together with someone you KIT with via blogging b/c you know so many random things that are going on with each other, even though you don't talk in real life or see one another on a regular basis. I find myself trying to remember what I have blogged about so I don't repeat myself. Its so funny though b/c I found it so ridiculously easy to hang out with Beth--like no time has passed at all since our last get together which was almost 2 years ago! It was so fun and I know we will do it again when I am back in VA or if she decides to visit the west coast at some point.

I totally LOVE this photo! Aren't they so cute? There was some silly rule about not taking photos in the mall, but Bill thought it was so ridiculous that he broke the law just because it was a stupid rule.
Here is the group photo--not bad for 3 wiggly kids--okay they have funny faces (and so do I), but Beth looks great and poor Seth found something very interesting in the parking lot, but oh well, it was the best of the few shots we took.
I love that I have photos of Lana and William together before they could even walk! Lana was doing the log roll and William did a mean army crawl. Its amazing to see them so big--like little people now who can talk and share and do big kid things. And Seth, sweet Seth--that smile is infectious! And those eyes! I had a great time remembering what a one year old was all about and this kid is seriously charming! Thank you so much Beth for taking time off to come and see us--I can't tell you how much I needed the distraction and how much I appreciate the effort :)

2 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful photos and your dad does look great. I have to say Lana looks more and more like you every time you post a photo!

Beth said...

Thanks Julie! I loved seeing you guys and watching the kids interact. Made me wish you still lived near us. Let's do it again next time you visit!