Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tulip Festival 09

A couple of weekends ago, we went to the Tulip Festival nearby--its only a 20 min drive north, but you feel a million miles away--its wide open farmland. We often go to this area in the summer to pick fruit, but we went to the Tulip Festival last April too and thought it was just too beautiful to miss. Of course the tulips are in full bloom for a very short time, so if the weather cooperates even a little bit, everybody and their brother goes on the same weekend. So we went in early morning (hence the sweatshirts) and got out of there by noon, just as traffic was starting to pick up. We took my mom and my inlaws (have I ever mentioned how much I love my minivan b/c we can pack the whole family into one car?) and had a fun morning. Here are some photos:





2 comments:

bb said...

So jealous!! I love the northwest and tulips are my favorite flower. You are in my heaven. The pics are gorgeous!!!!!

LauraC said...

Great photos! It reminds me of the flower fields in So Cal.

Hey I didn't know you lived in Chicago! Jon lived at Belmont and Broadway. I lived in Wrigleyville on Sheffield & Addison (literally one block from Wrigley - bad move on my part). It was great fun!

When we moved in together, we moved over to Roscoe Village. I DO NOT miss Chicago winters!