Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sidetracked

When it rains, it pours. I have so many blog topics rolling around in my head. From the practical--photos from our visit with Dad and our recent outing to the Tulip Festival, our fun get together with Beth from Working It Out, to the philosophical rambling thoughts I have about baby #2...but I have not been a good blogger b/c well, its been a hell of a week.

Upon returning from our trip, Lana has been jet lagged and sleep deprived which has led to some killer, embarrassing tantrums that are oh, not so pretty. One in Target was so bad that I was in tears myself. Then she promptly got a stomach bug and barfed all over me (and in my bra--ew). Then I got said stomach bug and had many conversations with my toilet--they went mostly like this: I am going to puke. Why can't I puke? Am I too scared to puke? Puke, please come out so I can feel better. Icky feeling passes. Son of a bitch, now I get to do this all over again in a half an hour. So I didn't eat for 2 days b/c of this bug and got a mother of a migraine, which of course I cannot treat b/c I am pregnant--tylenol just wasn't cutting it. So today is the first day I feel like a human again.

The other big event was Lana's first day of preschool. I feel like it needs a separate post, although at this rate, school will be out for the summer by the time I get around to it. Let's just say it went waaaayyyy better than I could have ever predicted and I am SO. FREAKIN. PROUD. Tomorrow is Day 2, so we will see if we have success again.

So I have been sidetracked, but I hope to catch up soon.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow, it sounds like you've been feeling pretty miserable lately. I'm glad you are improving.

I can relate to the conversations with your toilet. I was like that for 14 weeks with morning sickness. I never threw up, but tried on a number of occasions hoping it would help.

Donna said...

Yikes you wouldn't get sidetracked with that. Yuck! I hope you are doing better and that you post some pics soon!