Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What's buggin you?

Lana has a Backyardigans DVD that has an episode called "What's Buggin You?" It has a very catchy song that I find myself singing to myself even at 2am. Bill cannot STAND the Backyardigans, which is weird b/c he does not annoy easily (good thing, b/c I can be extra annoying at times--I even annoy myself sometimes). Anyway, I thought I would share what's been buggin me, since I am always walking around singing, "what's buggin you, what's buggin you, when you've got a pesty pest..." Those Backyardigans are so cute!

So here is what's buggin me: We have these coffee places in like every parking lot around here--they are little shack-type things that you can drive or walk right up to the window and get a latte, or whatever. A few months ago, some of these coffee huts have started making their baristas wear bikinis or even just pasties! All right, I am not a prude or anything or maybe I am, but is it really necessary to teach our daughters that you have to strip down to a bikini to freakin pour a cup of coffee? Not just that, but isn't it dangerous--all that hot frothed milk--those espresso machines get pretty hot--I hope they give these girls some good workmans comp insurance in case they sustain second degree burns on their bellies. The whole thing just turns me off. I just roll my eyes at the names of some of these places too--Juggs, XOXO Espresso and Chicka Latte. Oh brother. I am sure its just business and these boobie coffee places make more than the ones where people wear clothes, but I'll just make my own coffee at home with my clothes on and if Lana ever wants to get a summer job pouring coffee in a bikini, I will be saying things like "over my dead body!" Maybe I am just getting old and cranky.

3 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

Hmmm...pasties at the coffee shack...nope, don't think I'll be letting my daughter take *that* job when she's old enough to work, despite the great tips.

Oh, and thanks for getting that dang song stuck in my head. Between that one and the Boinga song...damn those Backyardigans!! :P

Donna said...

Ewww that just sounds disgusting. Yuck, I do not think I would be going there. As for those Backyardigans - I'm with Bill - they kind of freak me out.

Megan said...

Are you kidding me?! I can't not believe that the West Coast tolerates that sort of thing? I cannot fathom that. Hooters for Coffee? And the names are disgusting. Yuck! This post did, however, make me laugh. I too prefer to buy coffee from people with clothes on.