Friday, October 3, 2008

Our vacation pics

Okay, so 10 min after we checked into the hotel, Lana put on her swim diaper, swim suit and glasses and was ready for action. She looks so serious, but really she was pissed cuz we weren't moving fast enough for her.
We spent most of the time in the pool. She liked the beach well enough, but she didn't like having sandy hands and feet, so the pool was her favorite place to be.
Ignore my outdated sunglasses. I think I got them in the late 90s, but they are prescription and I didn't get around to getting new ones. I live in Seattle people--it rains here mostly.
Lana is demonstrating her "funny face".
Our daily breakfast of tropical fruit. Lana is addicted to fruit. People are amazed at how much she can put away. Its obscene really. But I suppose it could be worse. We use fruit as a bribe--she could care less about cookies, candy, etc. But a raspberry--look out!
Lana is enjoying her first trolley ride. She was super excited about it.
It was a great vacation. Very relaxing and uneventful. I wish the relaxed part lasted longer after we came home, but its been a busy week playing catch up and dealing with our fridge situation and me not feeling well (again...what else is new). But we had an awesome time. Lana is at an age where she travels well, adapts to change well and as long as she is near water she is happy. We were often remarking how she is growing up so fast and is not a little baby anymore. We just enjoyed the heck out of her and spending time with the three of us, free from distraction. Although eating out every meal every day was getting a little old and expensive. So its good to be home and we look forward to many more wonderful vacations with Lana in the future.

3 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

I LOVE Lana's shades!!! Great pictures!

Donna said...

Oh I so want to go back to Hawai'i. You look so happy and relaxed. Sorry about the fridge situation - it must be so frustrating! Hugs, hon.

Beth said...

Welcome back! So glad you had a great time. Sounds awesome! Hope the fridge is fixed. We have a second fridge in the basement, too, and I would hate to have to schlepp back and forth all the time!