Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

This past weekend we went to pick pumpkins at a local farm . Last year when we went it was cold and rainy and Lana just could not care less about the pumpkins. This year was totally different. She was so into picking one out and pointing out the smashed pumpkins, which she said "died". She also really loved the hayride and the kids maze they had at the farm, not to mention the farm animals which she loves dearly. So here we are on the hayride:And in the patch:
Hey, these suckers roll?
Whew! I'm beat!
Lana wanted to push the wheelbarrow herself and got so frustrated when it wouldn't move. She kept saying, "When Lana's a bigger girl..."
Here is the pumpkin she picked out--she insisted on putting it into the wheelbarrow herself. We have a video of this as well, but my annoying voice is all over it, so forget about posting it.
All in all it was a fun and festive day. The weather was perfect and we made it home in time for lunch and a nap. Plus, Bill didn't have to work at ALL. So it was a great day!

9 comments:

London said...

That looks like so much fun! Hey, can you send some of that cooler weather my way??

Joanna said...

Oh, she is so cute. LOL about when shes a big girl.

jessikahsd said...

How fun!!!! I love all of Lana's sayings - you could make a book! Thanks for the birthday wishes! And sadly yes, we do already have snow. :(

jessikahsd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

Wow! Those are great photos! This is something we never did as kids, but seems to be something to start as a tradition now.

Mountain Mom said...

Great pics! Lana's a riot. I wish we had farms that were closer to us, as we did a lot of that when I was growing up. The nearest pumpkin patch is 2 hrs from us. :( It's looking like it'll be grocery store pumpkins for us this year.

Stacey said...

These pictures are great! I love following your journey! I know you've been tagged before, but I'm tagging you again. I started my own blog and thought I would own up to my stalking of your blog. Instructions on my blog.
Stacey (Rumi's friend).

Anonymous said...

Julie - these pics are awesome! looks like you had the perfect day to go pumpkin picking. I can't wait until we get to do this next year with our little one! I also can't get over how Lana's smile is identical to yours!!! Genetics is so weird and wonderful.

Megan said...

Great pictures! Nice to "see you" too! So glad that you were able to have some fun family time. Looks like you got great weather! Love the comment about being a bigger girl- always something to aspire to, right? Fun post!