Sunday, February 21, 2010

Things I love about Lacey

I sure do enough complaining about how little sleep Lacey gives me, but really other than that, she is the sweetest little thing in the world! I look at Lana and wonder how just like a minute ago she was a baby and now look at her--a little person, who is growing up a little too fast for me sometimes. I know in the blink of an eye these girls will be all grown up and will prefer the company of their friends rather than their mom and dad. Its no secret that I don't really love the baby phase. Babies are hard for me to figure out. But, there are things I want to savor and remember, things I don't remember about when Lana was a baby.

My favorite things about Lacey in no particular order:

1. She loves a good cuddle. She takes comfort in my arms. She loves to be held--all day long if she had her wish.

2. Her eyes are dark and shiny like 2 marbles, or chocolate chips. I love it when she looks right at you, eyes wide and observant.

3. Her soft duck-fuzz hair. Now that her cradle cap/eczema is gone, I love to rub her head, so very soft and fuzzy. It smells good too--like sweet baby.

4. Every single time I come into her room when she wakes up, I am greeted with the best, biggest gummy smile. Every times she sees herself and me in a mirror--the same huge smile. It never gets old. Never!

5. She laughs! Lana never laughed as a baby. The laugh is infectious and I would do anything to hear it. You bet I will make a total fool of myself just to hear the giggle and see the smile again.

6. When she is finished nursing, she pops off, turns her head, is usually asleep and she does this thing with her mouth that is almost like a pucker and it is so cute.

Seriously, is she adorable or what?

6 comments:

DesiDVM said...

Ok, except for the hair once again we're in parallel dimensions LOL. Jr. also loves to be held, and he also full-on laughs which J definitely was not doing this early.

I'm glad you wrote this post. I was telling TH the other day that I'm going to make a conscious effort to focus on the positives of having a little baby and try to ENJOY him while he's still this small; looking at J is a good reminder that it all goes by in the blink of an eye...

Beth said...

Wow--what an awesome picture! Seriously adorable.

Joanna said...

Adorable!

You know, if the baby phase wasn't so hard on us, we would probably have a lot more babies. Just to smell their heads!

jessikahsd said...

What a gorgeous smile - such a sweet and happy baby!

Megan said...

yeah! LOVE the photo! Wow. Just an amazing little face. Babies live life large. They have a lot to teach us. I'm glad you are listening. :)Great post!

Cube's Mom said...

Great pic!
And I love when they smile! You're right- never gets old.