Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to Bill

Today is my wonderful husband's birthday. He is so uncomfortable with birthdays or any other gift-giving holiday, which is strange to me because I love my birthday--everyone is so nice to me, I get presents and then I get to eat cake. What's wrong with one day where you feel a little extra special? Anyway, Bill hates receiving gifts, although he is a great gift-giver. So usually we celebrate by taking a trip, which works out great because by the end of April, its warm or getting warmer in most places. This year we planned to take a trip to Mexico where we could just sit on a beach. It would have been our last trip pre-baby #2. But then we found out about dad's cancer and we decided (actually Bill decided) that we would visit dad instead.

So here we are in Virginia and it has been a wonderful surprise to see that my dad is doing pretty well. He has some side effects from the chemo, but he looks good--lots of color in his face and he hasn't lost any weight. Lana has been giving him a lot of attention and affection, which is great because she is not always like that. I think dad is beyond happy that we are here and I am too. I only have Bill to thank because he selflessly gave up his birthday trip to make this happen, even though I offered to come here by myself or with Lana. But that is just Bill. And its why I am so grateful to have him as my partner in life. I always feel like no matter what life throws at us, we will weather it together and it will be okay.

So happy birthday to my dear husband. You make me the happiest girl on earth. Plus you make cute babies. I hope I didn't just jinx the one in the oven.

No comments: