Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A proud mommy moment

I know I constantly complain about bad behavior or my own neuroses here on my blog, but I have had such a fun week with Lana. She has been so sweet and funny. I love these phases! We are getting ready to leave for a few days on our last family trip with just the three of us. We are driving to Victoria, British Columbia, which is only a few hours away and we get to take a ferry to get there, which Lana is super excited about.

So before we take off, I wanted to leave with a good story that sort of represented my week (rather than the 3 year old having colic post). We were in Target, Lana was walking instead of riding in the cart. As I was checking out, she was wandering a bit and looking at the candy. I wasn't really paying attention and the lady behind me in line says to me, "Your daughter is so polite--she has terrific manners!". I almost didn't think she was talking to me. Then she said, "She was trying to get past me and she politely said, 'Excuse me, can I get through?'" I was so proud of Lana b/c she did it without me watching--i.e. she wasn't sucking up to me so she could get something, like the candy she was drooling over. Maybe all this reminding her about manners is actually sinking in. Anyway, it was a proud moment for me and it just reminded me how she is growing up so fast.

I'll post photos when I get back.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Glad you're having a great week. That's so sweet that Lana was so polite, but not at all surprising! It definitely reinforces the fact that you are doing something right. Have an awesome trip!

jessikahsd said...

If you have the time, be sure to go to Butchart Gardens while you are in Victoria - one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Have a great trip!

Megan said...

Awesome! So nice to get a comment from a complete stranger. So great to see when the 'lessons' that we work so hard to instill are actually getting through. Glad you can be a proud Mommy- there will be many more moments, I'm sure! Hi to BC for me!