Monday, July 28, 2008

She's a tape recorder

Lana has been saying the funniest things lately. Then I realized that I say all of these funny things, without even knowing it and she has picked it up. Its kinda weird hearing your strange phrases you say inadvertently repeated to you by a 2 year old. For example, everytime we leave the house she said, "Let's get outta here!" She says it when we are in stores too. I must say that a lot. Lana is really into her raspberry and blueberry bushes we planted so every day she says, "Let's see what's happenin with Lana's raspberry." What's happenin? Oh boy. Do I actually speak like this? I have been told before many times that I have some weird sayings/phrases. People say, "where the heck are you from?" "Buffalo, NY" I reply. Do we speak bizzaro there? I hear all my friends IRL replying a resounding "YES!" What is kind of sad is that she knows the words for headache, tummy not feel good and medicine, which has pretty much summed up my past year. Anyway Miss Lana is crackin me up and whatever her/my strange phrases are, at least she hasn't said the F word yet which would be straight from her father's vernacular.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I know exactly what you mean! William has been saying, "Hmmmm, let's see." And he constantly asks, "You aw-wight, Mommy?" I guess I ask that one a lot! And my favorite is, "be careful!" He'll say that one appropriately, whenever he's in some kind of risky situation. And I, too, am waiting for the profanity. Although I won't be able to blame it on Ed! LOL!

Mountain Mom said...

Oh yeah?? Well, I've got two echos in my house. T recently said "Mom, you're driving me nuts!" and then E chimed in with "Mom, Nuts!" Nice, huh? Geesh.