Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm still here!

Where have I been, you may ask? Just busy, but still here. After my grandparents' visit, my dad and stepmom came for a few days and tomorrow Lana and I are going to my hometown to see my mommy!! This will only be my second time flying solo with Lana without a husband to share the fun (and give me a break). But this is a long flight--with a layover in Chicago and I am dreading it. Once we are at my mom's we will have a blast, but oh boy--that flight is going to test my patience. You see, Lana is not good at sitting still--at all! She lacks patience and she is LOUD! Should be fun, right? The good thing is that she is cute, so often people will forgive her 2 year old behavior and sometimes other travelers will remember what it was like when they had a 2 year old. But I am prepared for the looks, the hairy eyeball from all the twenty-somethings who have yet to experience parenthood and I will wish the worst kind of karma on them so that they eventually have little demons of their own one day. I was that twenty-something not too long ago. So wish me happy travels and I hope to have lots of fun pics to post when I get back.

2 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

There you are! I was wondering where you were. :) Best of luck with the trip. I will watch for you guys on the news for the latest "mom and kid get kicked off plane for being disruptive". Ha Ha

Heidi O said...

Mine liked to walk up and down the aisles and visit with all the other passengers. If you can pack a little backpack full of goodies, snacks, books, pad of paper and crayons, that might help. Good luck wit your flight.