Monday, May 23, 2011

Miss Picky

Lacey is on a food jag. Just as I was starting to relax a bit with her picky eating and sing the praises of occupational therapy, she has decided to boycott all protein and veggies. That would be no dairy (allergic), no eggs, no meat, no tofu, no veggies except roasted seaweed snack from Trader Joes (that stuff rocks!). She only eats pasta (with or without marinara) bread and fruit. Oh, and junk food--she is all over junk food. Fries, soy ice cream, popsicles, potato chips, cookies, jellybeans. I keep telling myself its a phase, that she will be fine and eventually will eat something with nutritional value. Its in sharp contrast with Lana, who eats great! I asked Lana what she wants for her birthday dinner--she said, grilled fish and broccoli pasta. I love that kid!

Speaking of birthdays, I can't believe Lana is turning 5. I have been so teary when reading other moms' birthday tributes and letters. I just feel so emotional about this one for some reason.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

The executive manager that I work for still eats like a toddler. Grilled cheese, fries, and that's about it. He's healthy, runs the Army 10 mile race every year, and is an executive in his late 50's. I just remind myself of that every time I start getting down about how Michael eats. It is possible to grow up and succeed eating garbage, at least for one person.

(It's little comfort, but I'll take it.)