Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sickness

We have been so lucky this year with the cold and flu season. Until last week. I still consider us super duper lucky b/c even though we have been very social with other children, we only had two mild colds--neither of which I got, miraculously! But this illness, my sweet husband brought home two weeks ago. He was sick. Very sick. Fever for 48 hours, cough, congestion. A bad one. He never complains about being sick and has never even entertained taking a sick day, but this time, he was wishing he could stay home just one day. A week later, Lana and I got it. She had fever for 3 days, which is miserable for her and everyone around her! She was so clingy to me and did nothing except lay around. Oh, the whining, the whining and complaining. I coughed my brains out and thanks to my pregnancy I either peed my pants or gagged with almost every cough or sneeze. I suppose I was just as whiny as Lana. Then Bill got better and a few days later he got worse, much worse. More fever, more congestion and he looked like hell. So he started antibiotics and still looks pretty bad--he has been sick for 2 solid weeks. Lana and I are almost all better, thankfully and we are just crossing our fingers that we don't get the second infection that is plaguing Bill. One thing that I find particularly challenging about being a stay at home mom during sickness is that we literally do not leave the house for many days in row and it drives me batty. I am hoping we can get out a bit this week and get some things accomplished. It will be nice to get out of my fleecy pants at least.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh dear! That IS the worse! Clingy-ness is bad anyway but when YOU feel worse- and have no one to cling to? UGH! Hope you all are on the mend now. Lets hope so! Spring, here we come!!