Monday, December 8, 2008

The phase I have been dreading

Lana has recently formed the same response to the following statements:
Eat your dinner
Put on your shoes
Let's go potty
Grandma is resting
Baba is working
Brush your teeth
Your friend Alyson is sick
Pick out three books

Her response...WHY?

Not just a little curious "why?" Nope. Its an incessant string of WHY?WHY? WHY? Holy hell, I am losing my mind. After my third creative response to "WHY", you better believe I am saying, "because I said so" Oh jeez, I have really lost it now.

4 comments:

Donna said...

DS1 didn't go through the why stage, he just said Hmm? ALOT. At first, I spent a ton of time repeating myself, then I just started to ignore it. Sometimes I feel like a flipping broken record...

LauraC said...

I'm sorry I can't comment my real feelings bc if I say anything out loud, it will happen to me times two!!!!

DesiDVM said...

LOL - this phase started up out of nowhere over the weekend for us, too. "Why? Why? But why? Why are you doing that? Why is he doing that? Why?"

Joanna said...

Have you tried turning it back around with "why not?"