Sunday, May 23, 2010

Feeling a little funky and clucked up

I am in a huge writing rut. I can't seem to find the energy and brainpower required to write complete sentences at the end of the day. I enjoy reading everyone else's blog, and I even manage to post comments, but when it comes to writing my own blog posts, I am just empty. During my busy days, I think about things I want to write about like the sucky things about not earning money, how to instill gratitude in the girls, how Lana is in a huge lying phase which is driving me bonkers, our magical trip to Disneyland and the Korean wedding we attended. But alas, at the end of the day when I finally get a turn to use the computer, all I can do is passively look at facebook, reply to a few emails and stare blankly at the tv. So I guess, I am in a funk of sorts.

I have been trying to curb the cursing out of my mouth. I wish Bill was on board b/c his cursing is ten times worse than mine. Lana, being the rule-follower that she is does not experiment with bad words b/c she knows they are bad words. She does however tell us not to "say that". So I have been coming up with alternative phrases for the common outbursts I have. Clearly Lana is paying attention b/c she was looking at my mom's feet which are in need of a pedicure and she says, "grandma, your heels are pretty clucked up." Indeed, clucked up is exactly how my brain feels at the end of the day. Hopefully, this phase will pass soon and I can get back to writing about the very exciting things I normally post about like sleep issues. Ha! Just kidding, what could be more boring than me complaining about how my baby doesn't sleep? Perhaps this is all related somehow...

3 comments:

Beth said...

Clucked up--that cracks me up! I usually say fudge. But cluck is just funny. Hang in there!

DesiDVM said...

You know I really don't understand how people can post on their blogs almost daily. For one thing, how do they find the time? And how do they always have something to say? I think I'm always in a blog "funk" and that's why I'm happy if I can get a weekly post in.

Cluck is hilarious. I curse like a sailor but I really try to watch myself around J. It's funny, when I was growing up my mom never cursed around us and it wasn't until we became adults and I heard her talking to a friend that I realized she does curse. Alot. LOL. I do make some rather colorful statements when I'm driving that J has definitely picked up on, sometimes I forget who's in the car with me.

Julie said...

She actually came up with the "clucked" herself!